I am a Type A/B positive personality. Or maybe I’m O negative. Whatever the case, I have in my head that I am highly organized and efficient, and then the other part of my personality kicks in and says, “Carpe diem!” I experience “carpe diem” most days of my life. I took the clip highlighting this phrase from The Dead Poets Society a little too seriously.

Yesterday, I came up with a rigorous holiday exercise plan. I planned it on the way as I walked to the YMCA. It consisted of me getting up at 6:00 a.m. and running every morning for five days each week with two days of weightlifting. I got to the Y to kick start my program. I ran/walked on the treadmill at a pretty good pace as I listened to the Black Eyed Peas. My friend, Ann, surprised me as I was getting ready for the last leg of the run, so I stopped and talked to her. As I talked, I realized my stomach cramps were so severe, that I needed to go home and I didn’t even have the strength to hear about my friend, Jen, and her wedding dress. This is the first time in my life I have ever wished to own a Jazzy. On the walk back home, I un-planned the rigorous holiday exercise plan.

Today, I’ve started out the Christmas shopping season with an Excel sheet with all my family and friends’ names on it. I have columns for projected and actual spending, and also columns for the projected gift versus the actual gift. Knowing myself all too well, I give myself about 3 hours with this system. Before long, my Christmas list will be written on the back of an old envelope stuffed in my purse with hieroglyphics written around it. My purse will become a black hole containing receipts, wedding programs, old tubes of lip gloss, and pennies. Ahh…the holidays.


This entry was posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: