I was on vacation last week. I could live freely and roam the earth if I wanted. There was no such thing as an alarm clock or traffic. But today, I'm back.

As of last week, I canceled my Texas Medical Center parking. So now I get to have fantastic adventures on the bus again. But I will also be saving $140 a month! Suze Orman would be so proud of me! I've missed some of my old bus buddies. I would try to wave at them from my car when I drove by, but they would only have their eyes on the prize (the next bus). Bus riders don't usually associate with car drivers. They don't mix.

I call my morning bus driver, Moses. He looks like an African-American Moses with a big bushy, black beard that is sporting a few crazy grays. As he takes us on the same route every morning, ushering the same people around, he's like Moses leading the Israelites on the same trail. Day after day. I really hope I won't be riding that bus 40 years from now. All I know is that the med center isn't the Promise Land.

Maybe one day he'll take us to McDonald's instead. It would be like the old days in high school when the bus driver would surprise us after an away game, and we'd stop to eat. The whole bus would cheer. If we stopped, some people would probably get upset that about missing work. I think I'd be cheering.


This entry was posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: