Do you ever dream about the perfect job? I wonder what the statistics say about people who are truly happy in their work. You know, the people that say, "My job is so fabulous I would do it for free!"

I don't know what a perfect job for me would be. I think I was asked that question once on a job application which seemed pretty bizarre. Was the correct answer, "This job."? Because I didn't respond that way. And I also didn't get the job.

I used to be a teacher. Maybe my blog should just be for ex-teachers. I've been trying to figure out how to focus my blog because I think those are the blogs that get the most view-time. If a blog was just about me, it would be really cool for me, but maybe not note-worthy to anyone else. And I have a million friends already who have blogs that are fun to read. Why add mine to the list?

I feel like the ex-teacher issue needs a voice. There's a ton of us out there. Teachers and nurses are most likely to leave their professions. Because they are both tough jobs. They both draw in people who want to help. When you're finally trained and ready to help, you find out the people you want to help aren't using words like "please" and "thank you", but more like, "You're mean!" and "Get away from me!"

Maybe I could have a separate blog just for ex-teachers. That's what I'll do. Be on the lookout for it. It's my satellite blog and it's going to be famous.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Troy said...

    I used to be a teacher. It was both difficult and not difficult to leave the profession. Ex-teachers know what I mean by that. Unfortunately, deep-down, I am still a teacher. I'm not sure what am I going to do about that.

  1. ... on 4:45 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Troy, check out my other blog www.let-the-monkeys-out.blogspot.com.
    I made it for therapy and possibly to start a book. I don't know what I'm going to do either. Maybe teach tribal kids or something or my own kids one day. Leaving teaching kind of creates some grieving.

  3. ... on 3:53 PM