Sometimes I have a tendency to laugh way too loud. I picked it up from my friend, Felicia, twelve years ago. She had the greatest laugh and somehow it was contagious. When something was funny, my whole body started to feel it. But it's not really a laugh, it's almost like a laugh backed up with the force of a sneeze because of its inability to be controlled.

Tonight at dinner, I thought Linda said, "Yes, these charms represent my dog. Bingo was his name."

This noise came out of me that said, "HA!" and then hit the opposite wall of the restaurant and bounced back. Linda looked startled. Because actually she hadn't said "Bingo was his name [O]."
The dog's name was Beako. [I know I'm spelling it wrong.]

In movies, my brain will process a joke about half a second before other people by anticipating the punch line. This creates a scenario in which sometimes my laugh is first, but then no one notices because the timing is so close. It creates another scenario in which my laugh is first, and then there are no more laughs because the joke did not go as relayed to me by my brain, so I am left embarrassed and trying to avoid stares and comments such as, "That wasn't funny."

Whatever the case, I love to laugh, "Ha! Ha! Ha!"


This entry was posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Erin said...

    Beth, your laugh is one of my favorite things about you!!

  1. ... on 3:32 PM  
  2. palomita said...

    Beth, was that last line a prop to a scene from Mary Poppins?

    I'm glad I found your blog!

  3. ... on 6:21 AM