A lot of my favorite bands are dead, so it's pretty impossible to go to the concerts. Tonight, I will be seeing one of my favorite bands that is not dead.

I found out they were coming to town last Friday, and frantically searched for a ticket. The cheapest tickets were about $100. That was a bit too much to pay, so I finally found cheaper tickets from Ticketmaster. My plan was to buy two tickets and make someone go with me.

My plan didn't work out very well since Ticketmaster would only sell me one ticket. I bit the bullet and purchased a single ticket. So, now my plan is to go and hope that the one guy in the band that is not married will see me in the crowd, alone, and decide he must sing a song to me and date me. We'll see how it works out.

I didn't get to wash my hair this morning, because I had an early conference call. I was going to leave work a bit early since I came in early, but that plan didn't work out either. I had to fill in for a co-worker who had to leave for a family emergency.

So now my hair is a pulled back in a bun, and I've been accused of looking librarian-ish. I'm not sure I'll have time for a washing before the concert, so I might have to go with the librarian look and hope that the one single band member likes that look.

I also have another dilemma with my glasses (which add to the librarian look). The glasses I have on were picked out by my 89 year old optometrist. They were also one of the only pair that fit into my insurance plan. They are not the most attractive glasses. I don't look cool or possibly German in them. I need these glasses to see long distances--which will be the distance the band is away from me because I bought such a cheap ticket.

I just don't feel my cutest with dirty bunned hair and glasses. And everyone knows that feeling cute is half the battle.

What to do. What to do.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Nancy Mon said...

    Thanks Beth for all your Asheville help. I appreciate it. And to answer your question about spray tans, I am getting mine done by Stacey who used to do them at The Nord but now does them at Lifetime Fitness. She's good. No Kroger feet for me.

  1. ... on 7:57 PM