I'm thinking about doing something that borders on fanatical. I've been toying with the idea for awhile, and now I think I need to be brave and do it.

My problem is that I'm a chipaholic, and I live in the home of Tex-Mex. I always thought the bread basket was so much fun, but I've learned that the chip basket is so much better. Before the waitress has even said bienvenido, I have stuffed a whole basket of chips into my mouth. Each little chip takes the trip from dip to my lips in less than five minutes. [I think that is one of the most fabulous sentences I've ever written!]

It's like an instant reflex of eating. The chips come out, and suddenly, I'm working on that basket of chips like I was a robot made to clear out chip baskets.

To slow down this process of chip purging, I've decided to sneak some of my own Guiltless Gourmet chips into the restaurant. Some may say they taste slightly better than thin cardboard, but they have a lot less calories, and I don't mind them. I might even mix them in with a few of the regular chips to help fool my brain.

I figure by doing this, I could save myself 10,000,000 calories in a year. And probably 5,000,000 for just the summer. Then, I can spend my time eating more gelato! It's a perfect plan!

I just have to figure out a way not to appear like a freak sneaking chips out of my purse. Maybe I could feign a food allergy.


This entry was posted on Thursday, May 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: