I went to the beach, because I wished to live. Well, I went to the beach, because it was Girls' Weekend. And I had a good time.

The movie that was brought to watch was Bride Wars, which I had already seen. I promised that I would not mind watching it again (while I read a magazine), but we still didn't watch it.

Bride Wars was a movie that I wished had been as my mind had pictured it when I saw the previews, but it wasn't. The first time I watched it, I played Sudoku on my phone for most of it. I think I may have laughed once, and I laugh pretty easily.

Back to the beach...
We caught up on each other's lives. We sat on the beach for a very long time, so now I have a permanent white necklace displayed on my neck with a backdrop of hot pink skin. We drove up and down the beach looking at Hurricane Ike destruction and close-calls. We let the waves soothe us.

I forget that it's only a short hop, skip, and a jump past the chemical plants to the beach. It's not the most beautiful beach, but a beach, nonetheless, with real waves, shells, and occassional sea creatures that get washed ashore.

And I only busted out "Wind Beneath My Wings" once. I was stopped before I made it to the chorus.


This entry was posted on Monday, May 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Erin said...

    Did you go with LC?

  1. ... on 3:22 PM  
  2. Anonymous said...

    I really like your design but it's not one of blogspots defaults. How did you do this? thanks!

    dave

    Long Beach Apartments

  3. ... on 4:37 PM  
  4. Ulovebeth said...

    I went with some former co-workers to Surfside--what was left of it! :) We rented a house.

    Dave- I googled templates. Also, there is a link at the bottom which gives credit to the design. Good luck!

  5. ... on 11:16 PM