Today is the 3rd anniversary of my little Granny going to be with Jesus. I miss you little Granny.

Granny had a unique way of making us feel extremely special. When she died, it made me sad for myself, because grandmothers can love us in a way that no one else can. We are their shining stars. No matter how old we are, they always see us as precious bundles of joy and light up when we enter the room. They brag about us, spoil us, and hug us with a mixture of love, joy, and hope for the future. I miss hearing her little quavering voice on the phone telling me, "I just wanted to hear my sweet little Bethie's voice."

My granny taught me how to live boldly, laugh loudly, and love fiercely. She was so much fun. She lived to spend time with people and with her family. She cherished pictures and presents and hanging out with us. She was a devote Christian, church goer, Bible reader, voter (Republican only), craft maker, Skip-Bo player, Aqua Net user, Wildcat fan, and CNN watcher.

I can't wait until I get to be a granny one day. When I was in high school, I was constantly selected to play old lady roles in drama class. I always just acted like my granny, and everyone thought I was brilliant (but I was just imitating her).

Last week, Granny's precious sister, Catherine, also went to be with Jesus (okay, okay, DIED is a hard word to say). I don't exactly what goes on in heaven, but I know that if Granny's there, she and Aunt Catherine are having lots of fun. (and yes, I do know that Jesus is there, and he's fun, too.)


This entry was posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Zombie said...

    I am terrified of getting old. I am only 30, yet am already panicking.

  1. ... on 4:41 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    We really spend more of our lives old than we do young. It's not so bad. You just get more aches and pains. And you come to terms with your family, yourself, and hopefully, grow wiser.
    It should be fun. But the wrinkles and sags (and gray hairs!) are a bit intimidating.

  3. ... on 4:53 PM