As a tweenager and beyond, I have been known to be a name-brand snob to my family. My family didn't see the purpose in sporting brands, but they have let me basque in my addiction throughout the years.

The other day I discovered some shoes that are very similar to some shoes I have been eyeing. I've wanted these shoes for quite awhile--and partially due to the brand. The thought swept over me that if I was still a teenager, I could see my mom bringing me the similar shoes home and not the namebrand.

While in DSW, I noticed that Skechers has come out with some fabric loafers called "Bobs." If you buy a pair of BOBS, a pair of shoes is donated to a needy child. I have my doubts that Skechers came up with this idea completely out of the goodness of their corporate hearts--it might have something to do with a profit margin.

Whatever the case, I eventually would like to buy the original TOMS. Even if in addition to the goodness of my own heart, I want to buy them because the business creator is very cute.

Tweenagers, if you mother happens to buy you BOBS, and not TOMS, show her some grace. She will buy you BOBS and/or TOMS, because she loves you. And right now, she's probably also paying your BILLS.


This entry was posted on Thursday, March 24, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: