My birthday has come and gone. My mascara only got a bit smudged once, and it was from thinking about the many blessings I have received from God. It's hard to believe that I have lived so many years on Earth, but this is all I've ever known, so it seems long and short at the same time.

As you age, you do start to ponder the afterlife. I believe in heaven, and it seems strange having what seems like a dream drawing closer to my reality. Maybe it's morbid that as I celebrate my birth, I am pondering my death, but the two are definitely more linked than peanut butter and jelly.

My sister has said that she thinks we're in a womb of sorts now. And just like those little babies cooking in a womb have no idea what is outside of their reality, heaven is waiting for us.

I heard a sermon once about how in the US we don't preach on heaven much because our current living situation isn't always so bad. In third world countries, heaven is basically the center of most sermons--because the current situation is not good. As I age, I do long for heaven more.

I remember as my granny aged one reason she longed for heaven was because the scorecard of who she knew and loved was getting higher in heaven than in the earth below. Not to say that Granny wanted to go to heaven a day too soon. Granny sucked the marrow of life out of life. I am so grateful for all her days because she taught me to love life every day that God provides air to breathe and the heart to pump.

Please note that some of the above stories have already been told on this blog, but due to being an older age, I am more likely to repeat stories--and not always accurately or in the same manner.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: