Starbucks is turning 40. Like most 40 year olds, they have had a crisis about how they look, so they revamped their label. I like the old one better. There is a lot of chatter about the old vs. the new. I think the old one looks cozier--the new one looks a bit sterile.

I'm going to pretend like they are having a mid-life crisis, wake-up, and realize that they really don't need a corvette, gold chains, or convince us of their physical fitness. We like them just the way they are...or were.

To celebrate their birthday, they have also introduced little petite treats. I could be a fan of these. The cake pop idea that I've seen on their website looks de-vine. And, because these treats are small, that means the cost should be small, as well as the calorie content--or compared to the larger selection. For today through Saturday, a petite treat is free with the purchase of a drink from 2 - 5 pm. I may have to follow up with them on this offer.

My own birthday is this month. I will be turning...well, not 40. I have not yet decided to have a mid-life crisis. I hope to live until...I dunno. My great aunt is turning 90, and now 90 is seeming very young.

I am glad that God is in charge of expirations.


This entry was posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Laurie said...

    I had the rocky road cake pop this morning (Buy 1 Get 1 Free!) and must say it not only met, but exceeded my expectations! Now if only I could find a man like that...

  1. ... on 2:24 PM  
  2. A Joyful Chaos said...

    The cakepops sound great! I too prefer their older logo.

    Blessings~

  3. ... on 10:54 AM