I ran a mile yesterday. It's a bit of a non-event when you have run much longer distances. It was also a bit disheartening that the time it took to complete the mile was two and a half minutes slower than my past times. In summary, I'm running slower and shorter distances--which isn't a gain. On the otherhand, there was a gain since I didn't have any IT band pain before or after the run. That is a huge blessing.

I'm still trying to determine if I will be fit enough to compete in the AidSudan 5K on April 9th. The first year that the 5K was held, I won a 1st place award for my age group. Since that time, I haven't been able to regain my title. Of course, the number of participants have increased, but it would be kind of cool to win again instead of having to keep dusting off my old award.

During half-marathon training, I bought some Saucony shoes that seemed to have the characteristcs I needed, but when I started running with them, I felt like my shins were hurting. That meant, I had to try to buy some Asics that closely matched the discontinued pair that had been my old-faithfuls. Now, I wonder if the Asics attributed to my IT band pain. Oh, the drama of running! Who is the culprit of pain?!

I follow a gentleman on Twitter that ran 31 miles on his 31st birthday. Perhaps on my birthday, I will do something similar, even though running 25 miles will be difficult. (hee hee!)


This entry was posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: