I know there has to be somebody's present out there that I forgot. My memory sometimes fails more than it passes. I don't have Santa's knack for keeping my list in order.


Sometimes I buy stand-by gifts that are generic to throw in just in case. But is that really the Christmas spirit just to have a gift to pass off?


I don't really have anything on my Christmas list this year for myself. I usually ask for socks, because somehow I always lose one of every pair of socks I have. I am really hoping that this year I give more than I receive. I want to be a cheerful giver.


Sometimes in the past (starting with about age two), I wasn't a very cheerful receiver. I've tried to accept gifts without thinking about what else could have been bought with the same amount of money that I would like better. I need to remember a gift is something that someone took the time and effort to give you (unless of course it's the stand-by gift mentioned above).


I want to be grateful for the gifts I get. And I want to be give gifts cheerfully. Perhaps I do have a Christmas wish!


This entry was posted on Monday, December 21, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: