This morning after having a phone conversation with my sister about how Mickey went crazy in her kitchen eating flour (we think she might be gluten intolerant), I heard a disturbing sound.


The noise was high pitched bleeps followed by what sounded like, "Come out!" coming from a speaker system. My eyes widened, and I turned off my white noise making fan to listen a little bit more closely. I live very close to a fire station, so I thought maybe the guys were playing on the PA or something.


Then I heard it again more clearly: "4023 Beth's Street! (name changed to protect the innocent) Come out!!"


I live at 4020 Beth's Street. Scary.


Then, I panicked, I called my office manager to tell her that if I died in gun fire, that's why I wouldn't make it in to work. Then, I tried to tread very closely in the house in case anybody was on the run and heard me moving around and decided to join me.


I can't see out onto the street from my place. I only see the townhomes across from me and my back patio, so I just had to pray that the suspect had left the building before I left my building, and I wasn't caught in possible crossfire.


I google mapped the address and figured out that the address in question is a house that I watch quite often. I would always try to walk slowly with Mickey around the house, because three very attractive young men live there. It's a rental house, and the three of them all appear to have jobs since they leave the house in suits, and apparently are making ample money, since one of them drives a BMW.


The ironic part is how safe that I think my neighborhood is at times. I know most of my neighbors (or at least their faces and routines) so it seems like a place where I don't need to pack heat.
I won't start packing heat, but I definitely will leave those little guys off the Christmas Neighborhood Appreciation party that I'm planning on having. I'm scared they might try to hide snow in my house, if you know what I mean. (and yes, perhaps I've watched a few too many episodes of Law & Order.)




This entry was posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    vanv said...

    Glad your safe! I just went to a gun store with a friend of mine...so I can refer you to her if you do decide to pack heat! ;-)

  1. ... on 8:48 AM