I had the most bizarre Houston driving experience yesterday--and it was only the perception in my mind, not the normal bizarre driving experiences that occur in Houston.

I drove from Texas to Kentucky for Thanksgiving, and completed the journey back from Kentucky to Texas last night. After miles and miles of two-lane interstate, suddenly the lanes seemed to multiple, and then more and more entry ramps appeared pushing more cars around me. Then out of nowhere, this massive city with dark building shapes and glowing tiny windows took over the skyline. It made me a little bit nervous.

I drive in Houston around those buildings all the time, but for some reason, after being gone for awhile and driving through Kentucky countryside, my brain had forgotten that it had become numb to the site of massive buildings and bright city lights.

Even though it was a bit overwhelming to experience this feeling while clutching a wheel, I was glad that I was refreshed with the city-living experience. I take this city for granted.

Texas, I see you, and yes, everything is bigger in Texas.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: