Sometimes I wonder... 
Learned to walk and talk, learned to bike. Passed all my achievement tests. Made the grade. Finished middle school without too many pimples or being too embarrassed. Finished high school well enough to go to college. Finished college. Got some jobs. Got some paychecks. Paid most of my bills. Moved around the country. Took some trips. Made more friends. Dated. Broke-up. Repeat. Exercised. Cleaned. Did laundry. Grocery shopped. Went to church. Read the word. Went to movies. Laughed. Cried. Flossed.
 
I've done all these things and sometimes I find myself still feeling like I'm waiting. What in the world am I waiting on? To be debt-free? To be married? To have kids? To finally finish all the books I've started reading? For the next American Idol season to start? 
 
I wish I could say that I was just waiting on the Lord. Which is what I should be doing. But I've become trained from my society that I must check off my American citizen list. I think it ends with waiting for your last social security check to come in.
 
Sweet Jesus, may I wait for you, may I long for you, above all the good/bad/ugly things of this world.
 
Psalm 38:9
All my longings lie open before you, O Lord;
       my sighing is not hidden from you.

 


Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Laurie said...

    CS Lewis would tell you that sense of waiting comes from the deepest part of you that knows and understands that you are not yet home. He would tell you those feelings of expectation and unfulfillment are simply the parts of you that come from heaven and not from earth. So if I were CS Lewis that's what I would tell you. But I'm just LJ and all I know is most of us feel the same way.

  1. ... on 7:08 PM