Most Influential Reading Moments During My Childhood:
 
1. Trying to stumble through my KJV bible and underlining everything I read.
2. Getting a Precious Moments Bible with little devotionals.
3. Reading a book about Naaman and The Seven Baths.
4. Reading the book, Bugs Bunny's Space Carrot at age 5.
5. Winning the school Read-A-Thon in 1st grade by reading the most books. (I was later chastised by upperclassmen for reading "baby books.")
6. Listening to my sister read me, The Little Leftover Witch. Later, I would read it for every Halloween.
7. Discovering that I was addicted to Trixie Belden mysteries (they were on the sale rack at Walden Books).
8. Voraciously reading Judy Blume books, and trying to figure out what kind of belt she was talking about.
9. Checking out books at the school library and reading on the card all the other people who had checked out the book, too.
10. Two words: Book it.


Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I loved Book It. My mom has a certificate from a reading program the summer after 1st grade (I think) called Dragon Days and Reading Knights or something like that, run by the Ballston Spa, NY local library. I read the most books out of all the kids that went to the library. And Space Carrot was one of them. :)

  1. ... on 3:41 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I can't believe that you read Space Carrot, too!
    Who knew it was a best seller?

    I still get hungry for pizza after I read five books.

  3. ... on 10:50 AM