I finally figured out that NBC doesn't show events until way later, and I can figure out who won, by just searching the internet.
 
I read about Nastia's gold/silver issue and then got to see it last night on t.v. Nastia lost the gold by some weird gymnastics scoring method. It would have made more sense if the judges had put the scores into a Sudoku game and come up with a winner. Even though I knew the result, it was still hard to watch the disappointment on her and her father's faces.
 
Tonight, we will see Shawn finally get the gold! She's been such a trooper through this whole thing.
 
Being a competitive gymnast myself from age 12 to 13, I understand things that the typical viewer might not get (DeeDee, if you are reading this by some chance--or anyone from the Tichenor family--please don't fall over laughing right now). :) When you enter the floor, you are taught to walk with your chest out, head high, and to do this little dance-like thing with your hands to show your professionalism and poise. None of the other gymnasts have been entering the arena that way, but little Shawn also walks in that way. It makes me giggle that she is a good game player from start to finish.
 
And I love her smile. Nastia is the epitome of grace and beauty as she performs, but Shawn is just cute as a button. I'm so glad that she won a gold. God bless her. Somebody hurry up and put that kid on a Wheaties box!
 


Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®. Game with Windows


This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Remember that time you ran into the vault at the Bluegrass State Games?

  1. ... on 12:37 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    So that's the way you like to play, Mr/Ms Anonymous!!

    Stop talking to my mom! Those are sacred (and secret if that exist in my family) stories.

  3. ... on 12:50 PM