I've been listening to a morning radio show on the way to work. The focus this week has been on heaven. When I got bored with the daily request for donations for the non-profit program, I turned onto the local Christian station and heard a familiar song, but this time, I paid attention to the words. The focus of the song was about achieving all your goals...now what?

All of those things together struck a chord in my heart...suppose I check off all my goals... Suppose my bucket list spills over with completed tasks. Suppose I have adequate food, clothing, and a job... Now what? What else is left?

The song said over and over, "Your love. Your love. The only thing that matters..."

The radio program beckoned, "There is more to life than just what we see on Earth."

Life can seem like a constant race or goal or unmet desire. But when I take a step back, what really matters? What will last beyond my final early breath?

The love of God is eternal. Heaven is forever.

My priorities have to be refocused on a daily basis--well, maybe a hourly, no-- minute-ly, no-- secondly basis.

REFOCUS.

It's not a bad thing to have goals or dreams. I believe God puts those in our heart. But the main goal is Christ.

Where is your focus today? What is overtaking your mind and/or your time? How does that fit with God's agenda?
(questions I am asking myself)

The cool thing is when I am able to able to refocus--things are much better. I like knowing a big God watches over and cares for little me. (oh, and you, too--no worries.)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: