I want to go to the rodeo, but somehow life keeps holding me back. I had a few opportunities at the beginning of the rodeo season, but I did some other things...and now, I have a pending trip home with very few days left to visit the bulls and cowboys and fried food fixers.

Honestly, I'm almost in a panic. I have to get to that rodeo!

I feel like a cowgirl version of Cinderella. To complete that storyline, I also don't have any boots to wear! Do you know how embarrassing it is to be a Houstonian without a good pair of boots? I bought a pair of boots several years back that have been worn until the heels are just wonky and both unfixable and unwearable.

If you've never been to the rodeo, you have to go. You need to get over the traffic and the crowds and the funky smells, and just take it in. The rodeo is the place where country comes to town. I know I can get some good fried crawfish some place else, but I really want it from the rodeo. I want to see those high school kids chase the calves and get pulled all over Reliant. If I miss the rodeo, it's like skipping a monumental seasonal change--like missing the Starbucks Holiday drinks or something.

Rodeo, one way or another, I will be there with boots on. Regardless or not of bippity-boppity-boo sweeping a wave of bedazzlement cowgirl glory on me -- or if I just have to wear some city slicker wear, I'm going.


This entry was posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: