I had a flat tire on Wednesday. Through a series of miracles, I got a spare put on for me and made it home safely.

Sometimes life is kind of weird in the drama department. I don't even have reality cameras following me around, but sometimes a great story is weaved for us even without a director's script. There might have been elements that I would have added or deleted, but it wasn't a bad episode of events.

I met with some high school friends and my area director for Young Life last night. We had a good time chilling and eating Freebirds.

One of the girls, A, had a job interview at a fastfood place on the "Nawf" side of town. On the way there, the sky decided to drop huge buckets of rain making it hard to see. After dropping off A, I had to get gas since I was going to drive her further north to her house afterwards.

I pulled into an Exxon, and while I was getting gas, I heard a loud, "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..." I thought it might be the gas pump next to me. Then I noticed my tire looked a bit low. Then I noticed it looked really low. Then, it was a pancake.


How was I going to get A home? And how was I going to get me home?

I started twittering like a hummingbird so it would connect to internet world and find maybe find some friends nearby. I also called, Ann, who lives on that side of town, and she called her dad, and before you knew it, the day was saved!

A got a ride from her mom. And I got a sweet new yellow wheel and spare tire.


I felt very blessed to have been taken care of by my great Houston network. God has given me a wonderful friends-who-are-like-family plan here.

Ann said, "You're taking pictures?" She doesn't get what it's like to be your own paparrazi. I make my own news.


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: