I've lived in Texas for several years now. I heard a transplant like me say the other day that it takes ten years to become a Texan. I thought there might really be an offical rule like that, but he was just making it up.

I don't know if I'll be in Texas until I die. Or if I'll retire in the hills of Kentucky. I guess a lot of that depends on my invisible husband and nonexistent children. We'll see what the future holds.

A few weeks ago the two events pictured below took place. One giving me such a peace about being in Texas and feeling like I live in vacation land. The other, scared me silly and I do not want to ever have to repeat the incident again.

Reason to live in Texas 'til you die:
Reasons to live above the Mason-Dixon Large Roach Line:


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: