I had a Vegas adventure.

I was a little bit nervous about going to Vegas for Jason and Lacy’s wedding this past weekend, because my friend, Amy, had to cancel, and I was making the journey on my own. I prayed for God to go with me to Vegas so I wouldn’t be lonely or scared. We had a good time. And some pretty crazy adventures.

Another step of faith involved moulah. I didn’t have a lot to take with me to Vegas. I had overextended my monthly Target budget (again) and also overextended my emergency “running-late-or-my-routine-changed” med center garage parking fund ($10/day), so I was a bit low on dough when I arrived. I found out that the shuttle from the airport is $6—compared to the $30 cab ride I was expecting. I actually felt safer on the shuttle than the cab rides I’ve had there. And the monorail was connected to my hotel, giving me easy access from my hotel to The Strip. Through my trip deal, I got a meal voucher, so one of my meals only cost $3.78. I even beat Rachel Ray’s $40 a day! I lived off about $18—including transportation. That, my friends, is God’s provision (and divine help for avoidance of Starbucks and buffets).

On the way back, I flew stand-by because I got to the airport earlier than I expected. The lines for security were ridiculously long. But I knew if God wanted me on the early plane, I would make it. And I did. I was the very last person that was let onto the plane.

God makes such a great travel partner. He even introduced me to lots of new friends, and gave me sweet time with old friends.

My new friends: Jason’s co-workers, Diane, Hope, Gene Simmons, Rick from the Hard Rock Café gift shop, Irma from Carolina Herrera, Jack from Manola Blanik, Candace from Kiehl’s, the Arkansas couple on the plane trip there, Deborah from the plane ride home, and Pete Rose.





My old friends: Jason, Lacy, Ryan, and Robby.



Random celeb sightings in Caesar’s Palace: Frankie Muniz (Malcolm in the Mid) and little Jack Osbourne. My apologies to both for trying to get a sneaky camera shot. FYI, it didn’t work.

And thanks to Kevin for being my GPS and tour guide.

And thanks again to God for blessing me with such a great trip.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: