Today’s cell phone call of the day. Brought to you by AT&T Wireless and your friends from Happy Little Trees.

Her: Beth. You’re not gonna believe what just happened to me!

Me: What happened?

Her: I’m in Kroger. And this old man just asked me out. First he said, ‘Hey! I just saw you!’

I mean, hello! We’re in the grocery store, of course he just saw me!
And then he says, ‘Have you ever tried the plate lunch in the deli? It’s good.’

Then he says, ‘I’m single.’

I mean, what in the world was this guy thinking?!

There were some young cashiers watching, and they called other cashiers over to watch the whole thing.

Why does this happen to us, Beth?

Me: Well, what did you say?

Her: I just walked away. I turned around and pretended like nothing happened. I just walked away.

He was sweating, Beth. I thought, ‘Has this man just come from working out?’ But he was wearing flip flops. He was in the grocery store sweating.

Me: Well, maybe you looked extra cute today.

Her: Well, I do look cute, but come on, ‘Have you tried the plate lunch in the deli?’!

You can get better lines than that off the internet. And what’s with ‘I’m single.’?

If he doesn’t work on his lines, he’s gonna be that way for a long time.


This entry was posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: