I ran on the Y treadmill last night. I logged 2.25 miles. I thought I could use the Y radio/TV system, but the TV was focused on twelve years olds and birth control in Maine. And the only radio station was on zydeco. I went with running to zydeco. I think most of the songs were about dancing with women in Lake Charles.

Beside my treadmill, a girl in her twenties (which is by default the natural enemy of a thirty-something single woman) was flirting with some young gentleman. I was instantly put off with the twenty-something girl because she was wearing pearls with her t-shirt to workout at the Y.

My first thought was, “She must be a Baylor grad.” I kind of shocked myself with that thought because I’m not originally from Texas, and honestly have no particular feelings one way or another about Texas schools and/or their graduates. I have just about much interest debating Kroger vs. Randalls. If we’re talking U of L and UK, then we have a different story.

My friend, Stephanie, Baylor Class of ’98, told me that girls at Baylor used to go for runs around campus while wearing pearls and full make-up, so I guess that’s how that thought got into my head.

What in the world else is floating in this head of mine?

And why did I dig my pearls out of the jewelry box and wear them to work today?

But I will not be wearing them to the Y.


This entry was posted on Friday, October 19, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    gL said...

    Intresting... I know some Baylor girls that are fond of pearls as well... I wonder if there is some type of subliminal messaging going on up there... 0r maybe there's something more to one of the 37 ingredients of Dr. Pepper.

  1. ... on 1:30 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I don't understand the Dr.P reference. I remembering hearing something about it, but I forgot.

  3. ... on 3:05 PM  
  4. gL said...

    dr. pepper was invented in Waco... home of Baylor

  5. ... on 1:41 PM  
  6. Aimee said...

    Zydeco music rocks! Hope you enjoyed it. Something about the accordion makes me wanna dance :-)

  7. ... on 8:49 PM