I did my taxes last night. It takes about fifteen minutes. I put in my W-2 info, add in some charitable deductions, and presto! I have completed the return.

Deductions are a bit addictive. One of my goals in life is to be a better giver (and still be cheerful about it), and I felt really encouraged about giving to 501(c)3s since they are tax deductible. What a perk!

I have friends that keep every receipt throughout the year to get a salestax deduction, but I don't have the patience for that. And I also do not have the patience to keep up with medical deductions since I would be nickel-diming counting my costs for cold meds or something else mundane.

But I do have deductions that, if I am elected your government official on a single-lady platform, I would see enacted as standard single-woman deductions:

1. Shoes and Handbags
2. Ice Cream
3. Make-up
4. Hair products
5. Bathing suits
6. Haircutting services
7. Hair removal services
8. Wedding and Baby Shower Gifts
9. Bridesmaid dresses
10.Sushi

I consider myself pretty conservative with shopping and all the above, but I guesstimate I could have about a $2,000 deduction, if it was adopted by the government. I can't wait to have a woman president!


This entry was posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Mimi said...

    PREACH IT SIS!

  1. ... on 8:51 PM  
  2. Aimee said...

    You're smart for not keeping up with your medical expenses. They have to exceed 7.5% of your AGI to be deductible and that's really alot of money. My parents barely reached that this year even with my dad's open heart surgery. Gotta love the IRS :-)

  3. ... on 7:58 AM