I've had a hard week. I got some sad news last week, and it made my birthday weekend a bit of a bummer. It would have made any weekend a bit of a bummer. All I can say is: ow.

I've had lots and lots of advice given to me, but I felt like God put one woman on my heart to reach out to. I sent her an e-mail, and she wrote me back, and gave me some very Godly, scripture-based wisdom. I am so grateful for it. I haven't talked to her in years, so I felt a bit guilty for pimping her for advice, but it was the best I've been given.

Mid-week, I had a moment when I wanted to shout (and did in the car), "Will people stop telling me their opinion on my life?!" I realized at that point, I might be in the angry stage of grieving.

All I really wanted was prayer. We all hurt at sometime or another. And God knows the remedy for those hurts. But the hard part about dealing with hurt is that you still have to live life around people that want to be help you find solutions to stop hurting--about 98% of those solutions would have not been solutions.

As humans, we hate to see others hurt (or we should!). God made us that way. It's part of what makes us a unique species. I hate to see myself hurt! But I trust, that God has purpose in it. I trust that God will use this pain for his glory. I trust that eventually I will be able to fully trust--because it's difficult!

The eyes see nothing, the heart is crying, and the situation looks hopeless--perfect scenario for God to show up! He has shown up so many times, I don't know why I let myself get so downcast, but I did. And I'm still aching some. But I feel like the initial wound has sweet meds to heal it. And those sweet meds are the prescription from The Great Physician--that's the only cure for the heart.

I will pray. I will hope. And I will trust.


This entry was posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Mimi said...

    Te quiero mucho amiga!
    I was happy to give/receive a heart felt hug this Sunday.

  1. ... on 10:06 PM