Since I had my phone stolen and the numbers were not backed up (it's a long story), then I have been re-entering numbers into my new phone by hand. I got tired at the Cs, so I still have D-Z to go.

It's been like a game when I receive text messages. I have to figure out who the person might be based on area code and subject. I suppose I should just text, "I lost my phone. Who is this?" But that seems so impersonal.

The other night, a friend was having a birthday party that I could not attend, but I got a text message from another party attender asking me my friend's wife's phone number for some extra party details. I assumed that the person typing the response was my friend, Erin.

There was a birthday dinner two days later for the same person that I was invited to, but could also not attend, and I received another text message from "Erin" asking me if I was going. I explained no, and then somehow got onto my favorite subject: my new boyfriend. I was using the text as a means to gush over him and basically give some girl talk to Erin on my new man. Then it hit me, I don't think this is Erin. A few text to another friend to confirm Erin's number confirmed my suspicions.

I didn't write him back to explain. I thought it might be worse to text back that I thought he was a girl.


This entry was posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: