Summer is here! And so is the Houston heat. OUCH! It's hot!

At home, we love to quote an old Don Moore Chevrolet commercial. It goes like this:

Someone says,"IT"S HOT, DON!"
And then Don (either Jr. or Sr.) replies, "You can say that again!"
So the person says, "IT'S HOT,DON!"

Classic local commercial.

I still love to say, "It's hot, Don." I might sound crazy saying it away from the source, but it makes me laugh.

A friend of mine from North Carolina had to prove to me that the temperature there was just as hot. But after pondering for this for a few minutes (in the heat, the brain processes slower), I realized it's not just about the number on the thermometer. It's also about the consistency of the heat.

The heat doesn't give a reprieve in nighttime hours. Nor does it stop like clockwork with the change of what temperate climates call a "season." It keeps burning. But I wouldn't change it. I love Texas.

In my younger years, I would ponder moving some place like Atlanta, and almost have my stomach turn from thinking about the heat. I'm a redhead and my coloring is not conducive to summertime. But here I am. God has given me a big heart for the state of Texas.

God has also blessed with me this summer with some beautiful days in Seattle and soon I will be attending a conference in Colorado for some renewal time. Blessings! Cool, cool, blessings!

I have learned that when you are deprived of something like room-temperature outdoor weather, when you are in it, you relish it!

Enjoy your summer--whether the weather be hot or cold, soak it up!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    you need to ALSO come to Idaho yo......

  1. ... on 9:21 PM