I listen to Christian radio on the way to work in the mornings. I've been learning about the history of the compilation of the English bible. People were burned at the stake and everything else torturous you can imagine in efforts to publish the first Bible for the people to read.

All I can say is...thank you! That sacrifice is something I take for granted. I have an amazing tool to read everyday. Those pages should be more threadbare and worn than they are. I love the Bible. I've never thought afterwards, "I wish I hadn't read that..."

Here's a sample.

2 Samuel 22:31 (New International Version, ©2011)

31 “As for God, his way is perfect:
The LORD’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.

READ IT.
You may read it and weep, but that softened heart will feel much better than a hard heart.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: