One of the major selling points of the Kindle for me was the "read-to-me" feature. The voice is kind of robotic, but can be adjusted to be fast/slow and male/female.

After listening to Mrs. Kindle read to me for awhile, I realized her voice was familiar. She's either a distant relative of or the actual iPhone voice command lady. It was kind of comforting that I might already know her.

I'm also starting to be able to imitate Mrs. Kindle very well. It's one of my new favorite electronic voices to mimic. In case your wondering, my favorite is the voice from War Games.


This entry was posted on Thursday, May 26, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    The thing I do not like about Kindles, is that they hate libraries. And Barnes and Noble Nooks love them (so I also dislike that I now almost like B and N).

    With that said, with Kobos and iPads and Nooks you can borrow from libraries, with Kindles. Nope. Boo.

  1. ... on 8:32 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I didn't know that about the Kindle. That is a bummer. One day, I hope to get an iPad--which also has a camera! ;)

    Speaking of B&N--that store looks so sad now. Went by the other day for a cover for my Kindle, and it was pretty empty. They need a new approach to what they do.

    I really only loved B&N because of the comfy chairs. Come to think of it, that's why I really like *bucks, too. They need to have sign up times for them though.

  3. ... on 12:09 PM