For about two months, a song has been stuck in my head. I know one of the first times it stuck with me was when I saw it on a commercial. I may have heard it in earlier years when I was in my 70s rock phase. I think I used to have a Janis Joplin Greatest Hits tape.

I frequently find myself in the car, and suddenly the tune starts flowing from somewhere in my subconscious--and I must finish the song.

"Oh, Lord, won't you buy me, a Mercedes Benz...my friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends, Oh Lord, won't you buy me, a Mercedes Benz..."

I pray a lot while driving in my car. I pray for friends. I pray for random people I see. I'm hoping that this song is not confusing God because it does sound like a prayer. And I think the Mercedes is a nice car, but I don't really want one. It's definitely not something I would pray for. I'm not sure God should use his money to buy me a Mercedes. But, God's ways are higher than my own. Maybe I'm supposed to be driving a Mercedes for Jesus.

We'll see.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I don't know if you sang that on your answering machine at one point or what, but I can still hear you singing that song!

  1. ... on 10:47 PM  
  2. Yee Peng said...

    Remember to give me a ride when you get that Mercedes. Get a convertible.

  3. ... on 7:45 PM