I've gotten back on the running wagon. I wouldn't say I'm an avid runner, but more of a casual runner. Right now, I'm training for a few 5Ks, and possible a 10K. I was all set for 10K training, but I found out about a 5K in Charlotte that might involve more hills and terrain than I'm used to, so I need to train a little bit differently than I would for Texas.

I love reading about running (sometimes more than running), and sort of wish I could be a trainer, like on the Rocky movies. I could get an old bike with a basket and put on a skull cap and yell, "Datta boy, Rock!"

But back to me and running...
I've been running mainly on a treadmill which actually serves a good purpose. When I am not on the treadmill and running outside, I appreciate the outdoors so much more. I also read about a marathon runner from Alaska that had to do all her training on a treadmill. She qualified for the Olympics. So, who knows what this treadmill training may bring?!

I did get out and about on for a run on Sunday, but it's a bit of a crazy thing to do in Houston during the summer. It's dangerous to walk around in the heat, much less, run. When I'm out doing my little jog and see men that don't appear to be in optimum health running around with me, I have flashbacks to the video I saw when I had Red Cross CPR training. I think happy thoughts like this when I'm running.

I also noticed that I have trained myself to be a hip-hop runner. My body won't move as well or as fast without a hip-hop beat.

My goals are to:
a) run without passing out
b) get my times down by 30 seconds per minute
c) not eat too much during the training phase and therefore gain weight although exercising like a banshee
d) run inclines
e) get some new running shorts
f) get some earbuds that don't fall out
g) learn how to run with a buddy


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Yee Peng said...

    Is that you in the picture?

  1. ... on 7:46 PM