My hair is too long. I never thought I would ever utter that statement, but it really is true. For years, I was a girl with a bob, then I decided to grow it out since Carrot Top had pretty much the same hair style. And now, my other ginger brother, Shawn White, is torturing me with his long, auburn locks which resemble mine. But with those redheaded nemeses to the side, my personal hair has reached a length where it has lost its luster.

To remedy this situation, I am visiting Giovanni next week. I love my visits with Giovanni. I wish I could afford just to get him to style my hair any time I felt like it, because a trip to the salon feels like being slightly tickled with feathers and then floating on a cloud. For the rest of the day, I feel have a new bounce in my step.

Giovanni is always amusing. His stories--which sometimes border on their level of appropriateness--bond us. We're going on an over two year relationship--which is my longest hairdresser relationship. I sit in the chair, and sometimes give him some guidelines like "bangs" or "no bangs." And then he works the magic.

He always has the coolest clothes. Sometimes his own hair is wavy and dark, and other times, it's shaved close to his scalp. And he always has his ever-romantic Italian accent. Most of the stories he tells me (I have a weakness for good stories) are about when he grew up in Italy and his family.

Since most of my good friends also go to Giovanni, we catch up on everyone. "How is so-and-so's house build? And how is so-and-so since she had the baby? And what about so-and-so that moved to New York?" Then, he spins me around to let me examine the back of my head with a mirror, and then we hug and I leave until my next visit.

For years, I never had a constant stylist. I had a few from Toni&Guy that were pretty good, but I didn't connect with anyone before. As a kid, one of my mom's friends would drive for hours after she moved for an appointment with her stylist. I have become that woman. But the great thing about this man (unlike other men in my life), is that I want to share him! If you want his number, let me know!


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Yee Peng said...

    I'm still looking for a good hair stylist. Haven't found one yet... sigh.

  1. ... on 7:43 PM