One of my favorite things to do in Kentucky was to get out and walk and explore back roads and the woods. Sometimes, I would come across a deer eating in a field or catch some other creature just living life. Those memories are precious and peaceful snapshots in my mind. It's a neat feeling being a witness to something in its natural habitat.

Last night, I walked around the dead-end block near my home, and happened upon a mystical creature in its natural habitat--a man in his man cave. I heard music from a guitar, but didn't know where it was flowing from at first. Then, I saw garage doors opened letting light flood the street, and positioned near the table saw, behind the Accord and the Minivan, was the man of the house and his make-shift man cave. He was strumming his guitar playing no song in particular. No kids or wife were in sight. I glanced and smiled to myself, but paid careful attention not to disturb his peace. And kept the event as another snapshot in my mind.


This entry was posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Yee Peng said...

    I enjoyed reading this posting... :)

  1. ... on 6:26 PM