I refuse to spend money on cable. I got cable a year or so ago when my mom came to visit because she has an addiction to HGTV. It was a three month special, and then the price jumped up to over $50 a month. Forget that.

I sometimes pretend I'm more of a reader than a watcher, but then I have to get back to reality that sometimes I do just want to be a couch potato and curl up with a blankie and a movie. I'm been researching some alternatives, and my main favorite option is utilizing Netflix to stream movies.

The Netflix option will require some money being spent which makes my pocketbook say, "ouch." I find it bizarre in the budget that lives in my mind that I can easily spend and justify $80 for shoes, but it is painful spending that much money on electronic equipment. Althought those moments do help to secure me in my womanhood.

I don't have any of the equipment necessary for streaming the movies right now. I do have home internet, but I don't have a wireless router ($50-$70). Before I move forward with additional options, I have to have the wireless router as my starting block.

From that point, I have additional choices:
-Buy a Wii ($199, which I've wanted to buy anyway)
-Buy HDTV with internet apps ($250, I can settle for a 22", I don't need a movie screen)
-Buy a Roku device ($79.99, the most cost effective option, but maybe not the most fun)

This is what is swirling through my brain at the minute. The least amount I would spend (wireless router + Roku) would be about $130. To help my brain and my pocketbook to communicate, I have to translate that amount with some fancy figures (see below).

Wireless Router + Roku = $130
Ralph Lauren Shoes + belt = $130
Leather bag + 3 lipglosses = $130
Perfume + lip plumper = $130
D'Marco's meal + Target dress + Target sweater = $130
Sports bra + new running shoes = $130

...Decisions. Decisions.


This entry was posted on Friday, May 21, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: