Four year olds are some of my favorite people. They are full of imagination and vocabulary which creates interesting dialogue. And the best part is, they can be so cute.

Queen Victoria is now the sweet age of four. On Mother's Day, she and I reflected back on her birth.

Me: I remember that we waited and waited forever for you to be born.

Victoria: (while swinging) Oh, yes, I was living in my mommy's heart and my daddy's heart.

Me: (watching her swing) Uh...yes.

Victoria: (continuing to swing) Yes, I was just a twinkle in my mommy's eye!

I could see this birth story was beyond me. She had it all figured out.

At the beginning of the week, I had the verse "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" at the forefront of my mind. It must be a key verse for the world this week, because I keep seeing it pop up.

I've also been reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and came across a passage about this: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." [Jeremiah 1:5]

Wow. Victoria really does have it figured out. A four year old has a much better grasp than me of what it's like to know that you were known even before you were born.

I pray she knows for all her days that she was a twinkle in God's eye and in His heart. And that I would one day be able to recount so easily God's knowledge of me.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: