I've lived in Houston for many years now and figured out that there a few ways I've changed since I've been here. A few friends from my hometown county have journeyed down this way, so if anyone else decides to do the same, here's how you become a Houstonian.

1) I know what the loop is. And I try to stay in it.
2) I need a jacket for 60 degree weather--also, I also have an emergency cardigan.
3) I prefer corn tortillas for enchiladas; I only like flour for fajitas--and that is if they are homemade or prepared in the restaurant.
4) I don't watch the news because it's too scary.
5) I avoid Wal-Mart (for the same reason as above).
6) I don't pump gas at night.
7) Going to the super market is like an event.
8) Continuing with the statement above, I shop at HEB, but love, love, love Central Market.
9) I can move over seven lanes of traffic in one sweep and survive.
10) I have cowboy boots and treasure them.
11) My heart warms at the site of the skyline at night.
12) Crowds don't intimidate me, but lines annoy me.
13) I am a breakfast taco aficionado.
14) I can two-step.
15) I know the hand signs for all the major Texas universities.


This entry was posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: