My caramel macchiato wasn't what I wanted it to be today. It was free, because I took a special survey, so I tried to get something fancier than my normal drink by adding soy and getting a larger size. But the sweetness that I prefer just wasn't there.

Over the last few days, I've had some conversations with friends and family that have dealt with some heavy matters including death and divorce. It can be hard to hear about hurt and pain. But a positive thing that can result is that matters such as the sweetness of my coffee seem to get shuffled back to its proper positioning in my mind--the bottom. And hopefully what will rise to the top is a desire to lift this heaviness up to my Heavenly Father to intercede for these friends.

I love it that there is always hope. I love it that God uses messes and makes them beautiful. And I love it that he blesses us by getting to be his hands, feet, and ears. I am thankful for the people who have been in my life who have been those hands, feet, and ears to me. And I am thankful for the times I get to experience being the giver.

Thank you, God, for friends that share their hearts! And thank you, God, for free coffee!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: