Sometimes I have a tough time during communion at church because I have lots of memories of my dad, who was a deacon at our church, standing in front of the church going through the Lord's Supper. And also, I'm thinking of Jesus and what that means in my life and the amazing gift of grace.

Yesterday, after we took the bread element, I prepared to take the wine element (or in Baptist world, grape juice), and fumbled on the play--which resulted in experiencing the elements on my dress.

So now, in addtion to thinking about my dad and Jesus during communion, I'm also going to be concentrating on no spillage.


This entry was posted on Monday, July 12, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    I did that when I was about 8 years old. I still remember the dress - it was one of my favorites, white with light blue polka dots and a light blue sash. I concentrate on not spilling the "wine" EVERY time I take communion!

  1. ... on 6:42 PM