Why do people in the parking garage at work who have unassigned places park in the same place every day?
 
I noticed a similar phonemenon when I was a teacher and didn't assign students seats. They normally would sit in the same general area everyday, and basically unconsciously assign themselves a seat.
 
Perhaps sameness is comforting. And I suppose sometimes our cars park in that work spot a little more often than they do in their place at home or anywhere else.
 
I have this vision that I'll be able to run strange reports in heaven--like track my patterns on the earth. I guess the Garmin watch would do that for me, but I don't really want to attach a GPS device to my body. I prefer to live free.


Store, manage and share up to 5GB with Windows Live SkyDrive. Start uploading now


This entry was posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Erin said...

    I don't necessarily park in the exact same spot, but I do park in the same general area everyday. That way, I can always find my car at the end of the day! :-)

  1. ... on 1:23 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    That's a very good point. Maybe it's challenging for the brain to mix it up...or maybe it's just annoying to never remember where you parked.

  3. ... on 3:12 PM