In high school, I called myself Beth the Great. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I mixed a World Civilization lesson with my old teenage self-absorption.

But on this eve of the eve of Thanksgiving, I pronounce myself, Beth the Grate-ful!

It's easy to focus on the have-nots of the world. As humans, we're more likely to be looking at the greener grass or what is missing instead of the abundance we have.

I am grateful.
I am grateful for the love of Jesus Christ in my heart that gives me a peace that passes all understanding.
I am grateful I know there is life beyond this life.
I am grateful for those that love me.
I am grateful for those that let me love them.
I am grateful for laughter.
I am grateful for the beauty of God's creation.
I am grateful for breathing and living this day!

My prayer is to stay grateful! I pray not to let grumpiness get in my gizzard (I really don't know what that means, but it seemed like a Thanksgiving saying). I pray to see things in the right perspective under the microscope of Christ, rather than one I've fashioned myself.



This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: