A few weeks ago, I decided to embark on a journey. A 13.1 mile journey. I frequently keep up with my friend, Abby's blog, and she mentioned that she was training for a half-marathon, but then almost gave up. Then her father helped her realize that she could complete the journey even by walking, if needed. [Abby, forgive me if I am telling the tale wrong!]

After reading that Abby was going to run/walk the marathon, I realized that it was something I might want to try one day. Then, after blog stalking a couple that are friends of friends, I learned about a trip they went on with Living Water International. I checked out the site (I have been a fan for awhile) and found out that there was a Half Marathon fundraising team.

Because the Houston Marathon gets sold out so quickly, I assumed there would be no chance of me getting a spot on the LWI team, which is a huge reason it was so easy to email them about joining--because I thought it was a fat chance! Little did I know, there was a spot for me! So...hence the journey of training for a half-marathon!

This is something that I have been praying about, because I know that only God can give me the physical and mental strength needed for the journey. There are millions of references in the bible to running and endurance, so it's become a spiritual experience as well.

I am also humbled everytime I think about my love of water and almost unaware dependence of it since clean water is something I really don't have to think about. It's a given. I can't imagine this being a daily struggle. Without water, we die. With dirty water, we die. But there is also a water that once we drink, we never thirst. I am so excited to run this race on behalf of Living Water International.

Please donate, if you can! If not, say a prayer for my run, but also for those who need living water.


This entry was posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    I love this. I have been with several friends walking through grief this year and your post is simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I love you and your soul that seeks the truth of yourself and God.

  1. ... on 9:39 AM  
  2. Erin said...

    Beautiful post, Beth. I'm so sorry for your loss and how much it hurts. What a beautiful friend he had in you!

  3. ... on 7:38 PM