I've been thinking about the things that come out of my mouth. Do good, encouraging things come out of me? Or do I whine and complain and tell stories--although entertaining--that I probably should not? I'm trying to let God work on this in me. It's been difficult. I've never been a cusser, but I would assume it's like trying to stop cussing.

I kind of wish my body could be wired that when I said a sweet thing, I had a sweet taste in my mouth. And when I said bad things, a bad taste would form--like charcoal or something. It could be like a training tool until I just was sweet automatically.

But honestly, I really don't need a training tool, since the after effects are there. I feel so much better when I'm in a positive flow. I don't really need to berate that crazy lady honking at me at the light. Or comment about how someone else was rude--because then I am rude. After a day of dealing with things like that, I feel weighted down.

The correct flow is this: healed heart sealed by God flows thoughts to the mind which then produce words from the mouth. Somewhere in that process I get a kink from time to time, and have to ask God to do a maintenance check.

I am a work in progress.

Psalm 119:103 (New International Version) 103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!


This entry was posted on Friday, November 05, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: